The Community Resource and Networks team envisions a Singapore where Charities and Groundups are supported to effect change, and Leaders step forward to advance society. The team aims to support the NPO & Groundup communities in meeting community needs by building resources through partnerships and cultivating networks to build relationships and collaborations.
The team supports these efforts by focusing on 4 key areas:
(a) Building & Aggregating Resources with Partners
In order to support NPOs & Groundups in meeting community needs, the team seeks out partnerships with other service providers and enablers to provide resources, such as space and shared services, to empower NPOs & Groundups in carrying out their work.
(b) Building Communities
Building the NPO & Groundup communities with Networking events & Roundtables with Causes or Capability Development themes, by synergizing our existing events such as Coffee Meets Community, Community Leadership Series, and Groundup ConneXions. Through this work, we aim to build our knowledge of these communities better, understand their needs, build networks, and strengthen relationships.
(c) Capability Building
As part of community building, networking sessions will also focus on capability-building themes that would benefit Charities & Groundups e.g fundraising, leadership, etc to provide a space for peer learning and sharing of best practices to keep organisations up to date with the latest trends and standards.
(d) Advocacy & Publicity
Complementing the work, Advocacy & Publicity efforts will be undertaken to share about our events and resources, as well as success stories to inspire giving by individuals or groups to step up and collaborate.
The role will focus on Building Partnerships and Communities in the Giving landscape.
Intended focus of the role:
- NPO, Groundup, and Partner Engagement
- Event planning and execution
- Special Projects
We’re currently looking for a passionate soul, keen to learn more about the non-profit and Groundups landscape and support the work through information gathering, ground and partnership engagements, sense-making, and event execution. If you’re curious, fun-loving, and game to try new things, we would love to have you!
- Engagements –assist in Groundup and NO engagements, partnership engagements, including engagements to develop our membership and database.
- Supporting operations – this includes helping out with event planning and execution, assisting in membership benefit management, helping to draft advocacy features, assisting in ensuring good data hygiene, etc.
- Special projects – leveraging on your unique strengths and interests, you will be given the opportunity to plan and work on a special project of your own. This could include new projects that the team undertakes or areas of process improvement within the team.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Groundups and the NPO landscape, in the work they do, the challenges they face, and the strengths of these communities
- Meet individuals and groups and be inspired by their motivations and stories
- Learn skills in partnership building, event planning and execution, and community building
Internship period: Early August onwards (Minimum of 3 months)