President’s Volunteerism & Philanthropy Awards 2020 Special Edition -
Our Finest Hour in the City of Good
A City of Good is made up of people who care for one another, and take action to make society a better for all. President’s Volunteerism & Philanthropy Awards 2020 Special Edition – Our Finest Hour in the City of Good seeks to recognise individuals, organisations and leaders who are exceptional relational and multiplier givers* during the COVID-19 pandemic and have voluntarily devoted their time, talent, treasure and/or voice to create a positive impact in the community during the COVID-19 pandemic period in the first half of 2020 . Giving can be in the form of time (volunteerism), in-kind/cash/medical donations (philanthropy), and/or being advocates for causes or needs in society (sharing of voice).
Nominate a deserving individual /organisation for the Awards by filling out the nomination form. When nominating another individual/organisation, please ensure that you inform your nominee and obtain his/her/their consent before completing this application process on his/her/their behalf. Alternatively, you may ask the nominee to complete the form directly and include your details as the nominator.
*Relational giver is someone who gives wholeheartedly for the benefit of others and seeks to build an empathetic relationship with the beneficiary, while a multiplier giver is an exemplary leader who galvanises others to come onboard his/her giving mission to create a positive impact in the community.
People of Good
The People of Good Awards recognise Individuals who are exceptional relational givers and have voluntarily devoted their time, talent, treasure and/or voice to create a positive impact in society during COVID-19. These individuals should have demonstrated that they went above and beyond their usual daily routine.
Organisation of Good Awards
The Organisation of Good Awards recognise organisations (corporates, non-profit organisations and public institutions) who have had exemplary pandemic-specific responses and are active contributors to the community during COVID-19.
Leader of Good
The Leader of Good Awards recognise Individuals who are exceptional multiplier leaders, who have devoted their time, talent, treasure and/or voice to create a positive impact in society and galvanised others to do good, thereby multiplying their impact to the community during COVID-19.
Notes And Conditions
- Please complete the online nomination form (preferred). Alternatively, hardcopies of the nomination form can be downloaded here, completed and mailed to:
c/o National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre
6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #04-88 The Central, Singapore 059817
Attn: Danicia Lee
Closing date: 21 August 2020
- Shortlisted nominees may be required to discuss/clarify their nomination with the Secretariat.
- PVPA recipient and nominees must keep Award results confidential until NVPC’s official announcement. Awards, once made, may be withdrawn if there is non-disclosure or misrepresentation of material information, or for non-compliance of these conditions. All decisions relating to the Awards are final.
- PVPA recipient will be invited by NVPC to share their award-winning practices and experiences to inspire and empower others.
- Information shared by the PVPA recipient and nominees may be used in publication materials or marketing collaterals.
Eligibility & Criteria
Please proceed with completing this nomination form only if the nominee fulfils the following criteria:
- Curated / Contributed to an initiative to assist in COVID-19 pandemic during the 1st half of 2020 (Jan – June 2020).
- An inspiration and role model in the way he/she/the organisation gave to others during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Not involved in any litigation or regulatory infraction at the point of submission.
Please fill in all sections. Details will be auto-saved before submission.
Editing of nomination form after submission is not allowed. If you require to edit your details after submission, kindly contact the Award Secretariat.