Change your day job. Develop insights via meaningful and impact-driven research to inspire action towards a City of Good.
You will be involved in NVPC’s initiatives to understand and develop insights on the state of giving in Singapore. You will be expected to work with data and information gathered from various sources, such as NVPC’s online giving platform and surveys, to uncover insights on the giving landscape and trends in Singapore.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that conducts timely and relevant research to inform internal stakeholders and influence external partners, such as government agencies, non-profits, companies and funders.
We seek motivated candidates with the heart for the sector and the passion to make NVPC a data-driven organization that makes a difference at the national level.
- Derive key insights on the giving landscape in Singapore and recommendations on how to encourage better utilisation of resources, and how to galvanise more individuals and institutions to give of their time, talent and treasure while empowering those who are already giving to deepen and broaden their giving.
- Communicate and discuss insights and recommendations with key stakeholders, including internal stakeholders in NVPC and external stakeholders such as government agencies, companies, non-profits and funders, for application and advocacy.
- To lead and conduct mixed methods research projects, such as national landscape studies; studies on the behaviour and attitudes of giving among individuals and institutions; trends and developments in non-profit sector in Singapore and beyond; etc.
- Provide actionable insights to internal and external stakeholders with recommendations to inform and strengthen strategies and practices. For example, on how to galvanise more to give their time, talent and treasure, or to empower those who are already giving to deepen and broaden their giving.
- For each project, responsibilities include conceptualisation and scoping of research themes and questions, overall project management, lead and/or conduct literature review, planning for data collection and fieldwork, data processing and analysis, sense making and developing reports and presentations to inform and strengthen strategies and practices.
- Manage collaborative research and data analytics work with partners such as government agencies, institute of higher learning.
- Manage and liaise with external vendors/research companies where necessary.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other related fields.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in qualitative and quantitative research and research management
- Proficient in research design, methods and process
- Proficient in qualitative & quantitative data collection and analysis
- Proficient in R, SPSS or any statistical software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Curiosity and interest in looking for data and statistics that creates value
Interested applicants are invited to submit their updated resumes below. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.