Do you want to collaborate with a fantastic team and foster strong relationships with your stakeholders to build Singapore into a Giving Nation? We are looking for a Deputy Director who will leverage digital trends and innovations to encourage giving of time, talent and treasure from the public!
This is a highly visionary role on the cutting edge of the digital domain. You will spearhead the development of a national giving platform (Giving.sg) through a deep understanding of digital interactions, philanthropy and volunteerism. This platform will be a ground-breaking initiative that will bring together the synergies of generous volunteers and donors in private and public spheres. Operating out of NVPC, this platform will become the first stop for anyone in Singapore that wishes to give time, talent or treasure, powered by technology.
You will manage a team with responsibility for product knowledge/development, community engagement, and platform operations.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage platform development and operations
- Identify opportunities and unmet needs in the giving landscape and synthesize them into a vision for the digital giving ecosystem.
- Oversee the development of the platform, starting from requirements planning, proposal scoping, technology architecture planning and vendor identification to overseeing the build/test/rollout process.
- Oversee the team that is responsible for day-to-day operations of current platforms.
- Maintain and improve service quality, governance standards, SOPs, data protection and audit standards of such platforms.
- Provide oversight on resourcing, budgets and timelines.
2. Stakeholder engagement and campaign development
- Collaborate with product development and marketing team to roll out integrated digital campaigns, including hallmark digital campaign planning for peak giving seasons.
- Manage execution of marketing strategies through various digital means.
- Manage key partnerships with other platforms that affect or influence charitable giving to align with NVPC’s overall national mandate.
3. Thought leadership in Digital giving space
- Identify opportunities for thought partnership
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and leverage internal data to inform stakeholders on digital giving behaviour.
- Stay abreast of product innovations trends in the global digital landscape and be able to respond strategically and tactically.
4. Leadership and team management
- Management reporting on digital strategy and platform performance.
- Mentor and guide team members with diverse talents.
- Minimum Degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience preferably in creative and/or technical development of digital solutions and emerging technology.
- Successful track record of delivering digital programmes, products and services
- Working knowledge of the non-profit sector/ public service and its stakeholders.
- Strong analytical/logical thinking and structured problem solving approach.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills and able to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong presentation, writing and communication skills.
- Proactive, detail-oriented and hands-on.