Colabs is a community-based collaborative approach where diverse stakeholders come together to collectively unpack complex social issues and are inspired towards co-creating solutions.
As a team, aside from convening multiple stakeholders, we are also building their capabilities to be better collaborators with one another to create a better ecosystem for all.
Key desired outcomes of the team:
- A well-connected issue-specific ecosystem.
- Ensuring the system’s ownership of the solutions.
- A growing community of systems collaboration practitioners.
You will be supporting the Philanthropy Ventures (PV) team in its work to develop and implement strategic cross-sector collaboration and influence systems change. In particular, you will be supporting the project below:
Lower-Income Families Colabs post-series
Every year at Colabs, we bring leaders from people, private and public sectors to come together to unpack a complex social issue and create collaborative action. This year we are focussing on creating an enabling environment to empower lower-income families to do well and progress.
Your role in this project includes:
- Supporting the team in the post-Colabs series to consolidate stakeholders’ input for online publication reports, website, and offline distribution from copyediting, and summarising inputs to consolidating feedback.
- Supporting the team in convening issue champions on their respective collaborative projects and stakeholders to form the Lower Income Families Empowerment Network.
Support team in various tasks relating to the projects, including but not limited to:
- Report writing, including copy-editing, photo sourcing, simple data visualization, etc.
- Liaising with internal & external stakeholders and vendors
- Stakeholder tracking and database management
- Pre- and post-event survey analysis
- General operational support for virtual/physical events and meetings, including notetaking, timekeeping, attendance taking, calendaring, etc.
- Any other tasks relating to projects or other responsibilities within the PV team
- Penultimate or Final Year tertiary student of any discipline, preferably with background or interest in social issues
- Good experience with qualitative research, especially focus group discussions, literature reviews, and comfortable with copywriting and report writing (please provide writing sample)
- High degree of familiarity with virtual meeting platforms like Zoom, Teams, etc.
- High degree of familiarity with in-person event planning and logistics
- Some familiarity with virtual co-creation platforms like Miro or Mural etc. (preferable)
- Highly meticulous and detail-oriented, thrive in a collaborative project environment, and ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Some familiarity with visual design to support the creation of the online report.
- Self-starter, independent, possesses a high degree of discipline and commitment
- Good sensibility, interpersonal and communication skills, especially with stakeholders of different levels
Minimum 3 months, only Full-time positions available