The Community Matters team contributes to NVPC’s vision of Singapore where individuals, Organisations and Leaders come together to give their best for others by nurturing communities of purpose.
We nurture Communities of Purpose by inspiring and supporting Community Action on their journey & convene and connect Community Action to learn from and collaborate with each other.
Desired outcomes of the team include:
- Community Action to develop People of Good within communities that contribute to the City of Good
- Community Action gain a deeper understanding on community development, clarity on their work, and learn applicable insights from others to strengthen their own communities
- New connections formed between communities in different sectors, seeding opportunities for future collaboration
- Sharing stories, knowledge, insights and strategies for building strong communities in Singapore towards our City of Good
- Community members able to understand their role in shaping communities of purpose, and be able to identify ways they can collaborate with, contribute to and bridge the different communities that they are a part of
- The opportunity to learn more about communities and community leaders you are interested in!
- Wider landscape understanding of communities and community development in Singapore
- Tangible contributions to the nurturing and bridging of giving and caring communities in Singapore through events and workshops
- Partnerships and administrative work such as stakeholder engagement and communication
- Content writing, programme design, facilitation & event planning experience
The intern will be involved in supporting the content, events and partnership strategy of the Community Matters Team. This includes developing and executing the Community Action programmes, Content Creation, Roundtables & Networking events. The intern will engage with and/or interview Community Action, write community feature pieces (articles, social media posts, tiktok videos/reels), develop programmes and facilitate discussions during events.
- Programme development and execution of Community Action events
- Facilitation support for Community Action Events
- Partnership engagement for Community Action events
- Publicity for Community Action programmes
- Codification and analysis of insights from the Community Action Events
- Creation of post-event content
- Support the successful execution of Community Matters events and projects
- Programme design, publicity and execution of Community Action Events
- Content insights piece(s) – articles and social media posts — from Community Action events and engagements
- Contribution and support for Content Creation with Content Agencies
- Strong interest in different communities and understanding how they operate
- Events, programme design and facilitation experience
- Preferably academic area related to the work of community development or qualitative research background
- Outgoing, comfortable with interacting with new people from different communities
- Someone who is curious, takes initiative and pride in the work that they do.
- Strong writing, analysis and communication skills
- Active social media user/ content creator
The Internship commitment is for a minimum of 3 – 6 months between August 2022 to March 2022. Part-time or full-time applicants are welcome to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume below. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.