Groundup groups are informal groups, who embody the spirit of giving, who rally the community to respond to issues. They diversify and strengthen the Giving Ecosystem by creating innovative solutions, offering opportunities for informal volunteering, and encouraging a sense of ownership within communities as a result.
The Groundup Partnerships team at NVPC journeys with everyday individuals to start and sustain their own non-profit initiatives. We’re passionate about enabling people with fab ideas solve social issues through the power of the community, and our greatest reward is seeing complete strangers come together to bring smiles to the faces of those around them.
The team supports the efforts of Groundups and build a vibrant Ground-up ecosystem by:
(a) Nurturing, Inspiring and Growing new & existing Groundups
Recognising that the needs of groundups vary at different stages of their journey, the team curates different offerings and programmes to meet the needs of these groundups. From talks to inspire more to start and sustain their passion projects, to conversations on sharpening execution of ideas, capability development at our signature ConneXion event, and Leadership Huddles where founders grow their leadership capabilities.
(b) Developing Resources, Tools & Infrastructure
Groundup work also focuses on building resources and tools to support the work of groundups. The Groundup Central membership helps groundups build credibility and our Online Resource Centre enables ease and accessibility to helpful resources such as grants and funding by various partners.
(c) Increasing the awareness and support for Groundups
With marketing campaigns, NVPC hopes to amplify the voice and good work of the various groundups across different causes in our community. By doing so, we hope to acknowledge the efforts of these teams, inspire others to join or support them, or start their own passion projects.
(d) Strengthening the Groundup Ecosystem
In an effort to strengthen the ecosystem, we build knowledge of the landscape with research and regular engagements, in order to strengthen our strategy to support groundups. Keeping in mind our vision for a City of Good, we concurrently build collaborations with and connect groundups with various stakeholders and organisations.
The role will enrich the Giving landscape in Singapore by growing leaders of good in the groundup community and strengthening the supporting ecosystem.
Intended Focus of the role:
- Groundup engagement and partnership development
- Event planning and execution
- Supporting Groundup work
- Special Projects
- Acquire indepth knowledge of groundups and the groundup landscape, in the work they do, challenges they face and strengths of the groundup community.
- Meet individuals and groups and be inspired by their motivations and stories
- Learn skills on partnership building and development
- Engagements –assist in groundup engagements, partnership engagements, including engagements to develop our membership base, renewals and groundup advocacy features.
- Supporting operations – this incudes helping out with event planning and execution, assisting in membership account management, helping to draft advocacy features etc.
- Direct groundup support – nothing beats learning than experiencing the work of a groundup directly.Here in the groundup team, you will get the opportunity to be directly involved in the work of a groundup or two.
- A special project – leveraging on your unique strengths and interests, you will be given the opportunity to plan and work on a special project of your own. This could include areas of process improvement within the team, such as designing a set of presentation decks for external engagements, strengthening the knowledge that we have such as researching the groundups from a locale perspective or even development of an AI system that enables automatic updating of our database.
- A passionate soul who is keen to learn more about the groundup landscape and support the work through information gathering, ground and partnership engagements, sense-making, event execution and experiencing groundup work.
- Curious, fun loving and keen to try new things
The internship will start from January 2022 until July 2022.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume below. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.