Centre for Non-Profit Leadership (CNPL) is a part of the National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre, and a shared services partner of the Commissioner of Charities.
CNPL provides board advisory services on how charities can strengthen capability & capacity through board renewal & succession planning, and how charities / non-profits can enhance their leadership and board effectiveness. Key initiatives: BoardMatch (specially designed programme to bring diversity and rejuvenation to Boards of charities / non-profits by matching senior executives with at least five years of management and leadership experiences from both the public and private sectors to the Boards) and BoardPulse (self-assessment diagnostic tool for charities to further strengthen their leadership capability and capacity. It provides insights for Boards to reflect upon their developmental next steps to enhance overall effectiveness and efficiency.)
Board Advisory Services
The complimentary board advisory clinics, in partnership with Charities Unit, aim to help charities and non-profit organisations strengthen their organisational effectiveness and governance.
Board Match is CNPL’s flagship programme to bring diversity and rejuvenation to Boards of non-profit organisations. It matches senior executives with at least five years of management and leadership experiences from both the public and private sectors to the Boards of non-profit organisations.
BoardPulse is a self-assessment diagnostic tool for Non-profit Boards to further strengthen their leadership capability and capacity. It provides insights for Boards to reflect upon their developmental next steps to enhancing overall effectiveness and efficiency.
Board Chair Forum
Specially curated sessions for Board Members to network and share on pressing / emergent / sensitive issues surrounding Boards of Charities. These forums are organised with Professional Consulting Firms, in collaboration with Singapore Institute of Directors and National Council of Social Services.
Board Connect Forums
Specially curated sessions where hot topics are being delivered via a panel of experts (professionals in that specific topic) and practitioners (current Board members or Executive Directors equivalent) in a panel setting. This is where participants will be able to ask pressing questions in an interactive and engaging style. The sessions are organised in collaboration with Charities Unit/Sector Administrators/Professional Consulting Firms.
Board Connect Workshops
Short 3-hour type “hands-on” workshops specially designed for Board members and Senior Management Team members to gain deeper insights into very specific topics. During these workshops, CNPL’s facilitators would typically share the theories, backgrounds, methodologies and templates, such that participants will be able to apply them when they return back to their Charities/Institution of Public Character/Non-Profit Organisations. The workshops are organised in collaboration with Professional Services Firms/Sector Administrators.
An alumni network comprising of members that co-create solutions and catalyse change for the benefit of others. These members are made up of participants from the ACE Leadership Capstone Programme for Non-Profit Organisations, Social Leadership Singapore Programme, and ToteBoard Overseas Scholarship Programme. The alumni assembles like-minded leaders for the advancement of leadership learning, connectivity and partnership, benefitting the non-profit sector and society as a whole.
S.T.A.R. Mentorship Programme
This is a complimentary programme supported under the Tote Board’s Non-Profit Sector Transformation Initiative (TB-NTI). It aims to provide a platform for experience Non-Profit Leaders to share their knowledge and expertise with new Non-Profit Leaders. By pairing each Mentor to a Mentee, we hope to provide our Mentees with the additional support they need to take their respective organisations to even greater heights.
Structured “3-2-1” Internship Programme (6 months) where interns will spend 3 months understudying the BoardPulse programme, followed by 2 + 1 month understudying the BoardMatch programme and the Leadership Alumni.
Interns at CNPL will be exposed to the following during their internship:
- Organising of capacity and capability building events/workshops/seminars/talks – physical/virtual/hybrid (incl. pre & post activities)
- Setting up of stakeholder meetings (incl. interactions with POH, Board Members and Snt Mgmt staff)
- Setting up of online surveys for selected programmes & initiatives
- Project scoping (for Organisational Development type of interventions)
- Research through data collection and analysis
- Preparation of diagnostic report(s) using Qualtrics for BoardPulse
- Preparation and run email marketing campaigns using ActiveCampaign
- Presentation of findings and analysis
At the end of the internship, the interns will have a better appreciation and understanding of Singapore’s charitable landscape, charity governance framework, legislation and practices.
- Ensure timely support for the operational and administration of key programmes, initiatives, events, workshops, seminars, talks etc.
- Ensure timely update to the existing database of organisations and volunteers
- Provision of editorial support in post-event write-ups, if any.
- Provision of marketing support e.g. design of EDM using ActiveCampaign, social media write-up and posts
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Familiar with online survey tool and reporting e.g. Qualtrics (Preferred)
- Familiar with Zoom, MSTeams, ActiveCampaign (Preferred)
The internship will start from Jun 2021 – December 2022.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume below. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.