Change your day job. Develop insights via meaningful and impact-driven research to inspire action towards a City of Good.
You will be involved in NVPC’s initiatives to understand and develop insights on the state of giving in Singapore. You will be expected to work with data and information gathered from various sources, such as NVPC’s online giving platform and surveys, to uncover insights on the giving landscape and trends in Singapore.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that conducts timely and relevant research to inform internal stakeholders and influence external partners, such as government agencies, non-profits, companies and funders.
We seek motivated candidates with the heart for the sector and the passion to make NVPC a data-driven organization that makes a difference at the national level.
- Be primarily involved in quantitative research projects, such as large-scale landscape study of giving behaviour and attitudes among individuals and corporates.
- Provide actionable insights to internal and external stakeholders with recommendations to inform and strengthen strategies and practices. For example, on how to galvanise more to give their time, talent and treasure, or to empower those who are already giving to deepen and broaden their giving.
- For each project, responsibilities include conceptualisation of research brief, project management, data processing, data analysis, sense make and develop reports and presentations to make recommendations for internal and external stakeholders to inform and strengthen strategies and practices.
- Manage collaborative research work with partners such as government agencies, institute of higher learning.
- Derive key insights and recommendations on how to galvanise more individuals and corporates to give of their time, talent and treasure and to empower those who are already giving to deepen and broaden their giving.
- Communicate insights and recommendations via written or verbal presentations to key stakeholders, including internal stakeholders in NVPC and external stakeholders such as government agencies, companies, non-profits and funders, for application and advocacy.
- Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in conducting quantitative research and analysis
- Familiarity with other statistical and analytics tools such as R, SPSS and business intelligence tool such as Tableau would be an advantage
- Familiarity with other statistical and analytics tools such as R and business intelligence tool such as Tableau would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Some knowledge of the non-profit space through personal commitment as a volunteer/donor.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, reliable and creative.
- Able to work independently and effective with research details. Willing to learn new things.
This is a 1-year contract position, with opportunities for contract extension or conversion to a permanent employment at the end of the term.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their updated resumes below. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.