National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) operates a national trusted platform and multiple products for matching donors and volunteers to registered charities in Singapore. We are looking for a passionate and creative individual with competent product management skills to lead the product development, project management, implementation and maintenance of the digital products that connect individuals and organisations to their preferred causes and charities to give treasure, time and talent in the social service sector to enable success stories towards building a City of Good.
The incumbent is responsible for the product roadmap and achieving desired objectives of both business and product, and continues to enhance offerings (build-test-measure-iterate) within a hybrid development process and collaborates closely with stakeholders to prioritise product development based on business value, needs and returns for our key target segments.
To be successful, the incumbent must possess a “can do” attitude and is willing to take on the challenge of rallying and collaborating with others to create new ways to solve complex and interdependent problems.
- Identify user needs, market readiness, evaluate trends, anticipate requirements and product gaps to boost the product roadmaps.
- Work out key milestones, measurements, resources, schedules and budget requirements.
- Translate users requirements into product strategies, plans, priorities and participate in product prototyping and testing.
- Create buy-in for the product plans from all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the team and stakeholders to create, maintain and prioritise the product backlog, and assign product development roles and responsibilities by prioritising tasks based on business value and ROI.
- Participates in project planning, backlog grooming, meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, testing, demos, POCs and other related work.
Project Development and Delivery
- Lead the requirements gathering session with key stakeholders (individuals, organisations, charities, businesses, partners and internal/external stakeholders).
- Supervise the architectural design for better customer experience and system performance, and at the same time designing an open collaborative and secure ecosystem.
- Source, evaluate and appoint external vendors.
- Implement appropriate plans and controls to ensure quality delivery, and compliance to functional specifications, technical performance and security standards.
- Possess objective views and flexibility to adjust when change in directions occur.
Liaison and Communication
- Ably represent, interact with and engage cross-functional teams, business stakeholders, business owners with confidence to facilitate smooth conveyance of information.
- Highly skilled in using clear goals to communicate product vision so that all stakeholders understand and collaborate towards the desired outcomes.
- Detail oriented, decisive, and exhibits comfort in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Team-player who is able to take initiative to work independently or collaboratively worked with analysts, designers, developers, data engineers, and various stakeholders to coordinate, conceptualise, plan, execute, track product releases and contribute actively to team goals.
- Provide lead support and accountable for the support and maintenance for the products, including incident management, service requests and fulfillment of change requests, and provide subject matter expertise as needed.
- Direct line manager, providing encouraging, recognition, thought leadership and support to enable the team to do their best work.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years working experience, with at least 5 years of digital product development experience, preferably on platforms.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management preferably in e-commerce or the IT industry.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and delivering at least 2 major products.
- Familiarity with change management, development of processes to be compliant with audit requirements, business process mapping, e-commerce, website and mobile visual design would be a strong advantage.
- Knowledge in website and mobile design, programming, related technologies (e.g. APIs, CMS, plug-ins, mobile adaptability, widgets) and/or IT security best practices will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiating and presentation skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders and vendors to achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Exhibits critical thinking and problem solving skills.Strong ability to step into details yet possessing full visibility of end to end view of the product development roadmaps.
- Experience in managing budgets, resources and schedules. Candidates with PMP/ CITPM/ PRINCE2 or equivalent certification will be an added advantage.
- Passion to transform Singapore into a giving nation.
- Detail-oriented, hands-on, comfortable working in high-energy and dynamic environment.
- Pro-active self-starter with an analytical and creative mind, and a team player.
- Results- and customer-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume via Jobstreet or firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.