As part of the drive to attain NVPC’s vision of a City of Good, the Company of Good initiative was established in 2016 to help companies give better. Companies engage in Company of Good to understand their giving profile, build their knowledge, capability and network, and partner with other like-minded businesses to do good. The Company of Good network has grown to more than 1,200 corporate members since its inception.
With the upcoming new developments in the Company of Good, we are offering an exciting opportunity for a passionate, driven individual who has the right purpose and aptitude to create impact to serve community and societal needs at a national level. This person should share the belief that corporates can be a powerful source of support to build greater social resilience for Singapore.
This role will focus on driving and implementing national-level interventions to grow and strengthen the industry for corporates to do good. The candidate should have a flair and appreciation of the roles, dynamics and interactions amongst different stakeholders in an ecosystem. He/she should also be versed in acquiring and maintaining multi-lateral relationships with partners, and have excellent stakeholder management skills so as to align complex and potential competing interests, aspirations and actions in the sector. We are looking for an experienced industry development professional who is strong in project and resource management and possesses desirable leadership qualities.
- Lead the review, analysis and recommendation of gaps and corresponding interventions in the development of the ‘Corporate Doing Good’ industry in Singapore.
- Lead engagement with multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to those involved in other similar national set-ups to establish a coalition to co-define and agree with businesses in Singapore the understanding and aspirations for ‘Corporates Doing Good’ in Singapore. Serve as the Secretariat for the multi-lateral coalition to ensure that all interests are aligned and all relevant parties are engaged to advance the agenda and objectives of the coalition.
- Lead the development and overall project management to develop an accessible national framework and potentially a national trustmark that companies can use to guide themselves and benchmark to keep track of their efforts to do good and measure the impact on the business.
- Lead the development and overall project management of a potential national competency framework so that stakeholders in the ecosystem can reference and align in building capabilities and capacities in the corporates for doing good.
- Oversee the development of the Champions of Good programme and serve as the Head of the Secretariat, as part of the larger industry development plans.
- Lead engagement and project management with various partners to establish national platforms and programmes to match work exchanges and opportunities between companies and students, NVPC staff and consultants to help businesses advance their corporate doing good agenda.
- Support the integration and synergy of work across the entire Company of Good covering Capability Development, Industry Development, Community Building and Business Strategy and Planning.
- Guide and coach internal and external teammates to own and ensure initiatives incorporate important elements such as empathy, design-thinking, systems thinking, innovation and impact assessment, etc.
- Deputise the Head of Company of Good in specific areas of work.
- University degree
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, with a number in a management role
- Experience in industry and market development
- Experience in developing and/or implementing policies or interventions at the national level or equivalent
- Experience in overseeing and leading business-related programmes.
- Experience in design thinking, systems thinking, programme design and development and impact assessment.
- Experience in overseeing capability building, learning and development initiatives.
- Knowledge of the corporate sector and/or the not-for-profit sector
- Strategic planning capabilities
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship building skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and develop strong strategic partnerships
- Strong facilitation skills
- Market research and market development
- Analytical skills
- Positive attitude towards learning with an innovative mindset
- Hands-on and detailed
- Gregarious and team-oriented
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently with personal initiative and the desire to meet personal and team objectives
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume via Jobstreet or firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.