The Strategy and Policy team is responsible for developing organisational strategy and outcomes in line with its overall vision and strategic direction, as well as lead and manage relationships with key government and government-related stakeholders to influence policies and programmes with national impact. It helps define the organisation’s position on what constitutes “good giving” based on insights, values and the organisation’s vision.
An exploration of new ways to address society’s needs beyond the traditional and purist view of volunteerism. The impetus also stems from the reflections on a post-COVID-19 world, an awakening of civil society sensibilities and the advent of ‘Industry 4.0’ Future of Work.
The project will delve into ‘volunteerism’ that includes:
- Some form of payment or value exchange, gig work, micro-volunteering, doing good in the neighbourhood, senior and family volunteering
- Leveraging on technology developments (e.g. geospatial features)
- Mobilising and connecting daily touchpoints (eat, work, play, transport, bank, telco, entertainment)
- Study of models, frameworks, and case studies in this area, with possible pilots (e.g. time-banking pilot).
- Research – Conducting literature review of the various frameworks and models in and outside of the sector, in Singapore, regionally, and globally. Intern will have access to the organisation’s research on individual and corporate giving to review and analyse. By synthesizing the data and layering on the above stakeholder analysis, intern will have the opportunity to make recommendations on which partners/policies have the highest leverage point for NVPC to further its mission of growing a culture of giving.
- Research – Speaking with staff and partners (if necessary) to better understand what programmes are already in place/being piloted, what challenges charities are facing/looking to address, and any trends or ideas that they are aware of or would like to explore.
- Develop analysis of key stakeholders (charities by causes, relevant government agencies, etc.)
Report that clearly synthesizes models/frameworks including their pros and cons, application of these models/frameworks (examples of pilots, etc.) and outcomes, and recommendations for next steps
- Strong critical thinking abilities
- Good research skills, as well as writing and communication skills
- Good people skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and welcomes challenges
Interested applicants are invited to send their updated resume via email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.