The Community Partnerships team contributes to NVPC’s mission of growing a culture of giving in Singapore towards a City of Good by championing, nurturing and bridging communities. We connect with community leaders to showcase their stories and bring community leaders together to learn from each other. We host meaningful gatherings and create relevant resources to empower communities to thrive.
Desired outcomes of the team include:
- Through our work, we
hope that all people (community members) will be able to understand their role
in shaping their communities, be able to identify ways they can contribute to
and bridge the different communities they are a part of.
- Community leaders and
developers to gain a deeper understanding on community
- development, clarity on
their work, and learn applicable insights from others to strengthen their own
- New connections formed
between communities in different areas, seeding opportunities for future
- Stories, knowledge and
insights produced for wider circulation on the importance of building strong
communities in Singapore and how to go about doing so
During the internship, the intern will be involved in the launch of the insights from Community Matters, newsletter development and surrounding events. The intern will engage community leaders for Community Matters 2.0 as well as support the programme development and operations of the Community Leaders series. The intern will also get involved with developing a new programme — Community Matters for People of Good and create post event insights pieces.
- The opportunity to learn more about communities you are interested in!
- Exposure and new friends from different communities!
- Learning from and engaging with a range of community developers and community members
- Wider landscape understanding of communities and community development in Singapore
- Tangible contributions to the nurturing and bridging of giving and caring communities in Singapore through events and workshops
- Partnerships and administrative work such as stakeholder engagement and communication
- Content writing, programme design, facilitation & event planning experience
- Support the launch of Community Matters Insights through identifying and engaging relevant partners
- Engagement of community leaders for Community Matters 2.0, creation of community profiles, and work together with team on programme design and series convening
- Codification and analysis of insights from each session of Community Matters 2.0
- Content writing from interviews with community leaders and Community Matters 2.0 sessions
- Support colleagues with Community Matters for People of Good pilots
- Academic area related to the work of community development or qualitative research background or writing experience
- Interested in different communities and curious about how they operate
- Personally passionate about some community(ies) they are active in
- A people person: able to initiate conversation and turn strangers into friends.
- Someone who thinks deeply, and takes initiative and pride in the work that they do.
- Enjoys writing and has good analysis and communication skills
- Some events, programme design and facilitation experience would be ideal
- Qualitative research experience (e.g. In-depth interviews, Focus Groups)
Interested applicants are invited to send their updated resume and a cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.