As part of the drive to attain NVPC’s vision of a City of Good, the Company of Good was established in 2016 to help companies give better. Companies engage with Company of Good to understand their giving profile, build their knowledge, capability and network, and partner with other like-minded businesses to do good.
This role will focus on supporting the Champions of Good, a national recognition framework for organisations that are exemplary and committed to multiplying their doing good efforts for greater impact. Champions of Good advocate contributing back to society collaboratively and sustainably, leveraging on their strengths, resources and networks to do good.
The intern(s) will be supporting the due diligence process in assessing submissions from corporates who have applied to be conferred the Champions of Good 2020 status. They will liaise and coordinate with the various organisations in their application process, support the Champions of Good programme team in coordinating meetings, logistics and other administrative duties where necessary, and help with the wider Company of Good team in events and other projects.
The intern will:
- Develop and apply relevance of academic skills from school to real-world instances.
- To provide them with an insight into the non-profit sector.
- Understand the requirements of the non-profit sector as well as corporate section.
- Organisational communicaion skills.
- Instilling an enhanced sense of giving back to the community, and eventually building towards a City of Good.
- Primary Role: Support the team in the processing of ‘Champions of Good 2020’ submissions
- Ensure all submissions through the Champions of Good webpage are complete
- Answer any general queries on behalf of the Champions of Good Secretariat
- Follow up on incomplete application submissions from Champions of Good
- Assist any potential applicants in the submission process necessary
- Conduct primary/desktop research to ensure submissions are valid and relevant
- Support the Champions of Good programme team in shortlisting organisations as Champions of Good 2020
- Prepare files and documents ahead of judging panel sessions
- Support the coordination of the Champions of Good programme, including preparation of relevant documents, coordination of meetings and taking minutes and notes of meeting when necessary.
- Support the Champions of Good team in various tasks as we work with other internal teams, such as Outreach & Institutional Partnerships (O&IP), Marketing & Advocacy (M&A), Events, Company of Good (COG) wider team, among others
- Coordinate and take notes during meetings with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support the team on management and organisations of logistical assets and processes.
- Support events organised by the ‘Company of Good’ team from time to time.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned from time to time pertaining to programmes under the ‘Company of Good’.
- Minimum A-Levels or Diploma graduates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Keen interest to learn, has an independent and proactive attitude
Interested applicants are invited to send their updated resume via email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.