The People & Corporate Services team drives the HR, Finance and Admin functions of NVPC. Finance ensures proper maintenance of financial records, provides timely financial information and accurate reporting and business information to the senior management team and respective funding agencies. It manages planning, budgeting and forecasting and promotes strong governance and control in the organization by ensuring compliance to the applicable Financial Guidelines and financial management processes and applicable accounting standards.
The intern will be involved in the Giving Week Fund Project Management and assist with the accounts related prep work for the “e-flag day” project. He/she will also assist with some procurement related duties.
- Hands-on experience in managing the accounting-related aspects of project management.
- Learn about Procurement Management, i.e. how to administer some of the critical procurement related duties.
- Hands-on experience in using SAGE and MYOB accounting softwares
- Giving Week Fund Project Management. The intern will be involved in issuance of tax deductible receipts to donors, collate particulars and bank account details of charities for disbursement of donation funds, together with any other administrative and logistical preparations for the project required.
- Assist with the preparation work of setting up a new account for the “e-flag day” project in Sage Accounting Software and the new accounting information required to capture the entries into MYOB System.
- Assist to cover some of the procurement related tasks due to the expected surge in procurement volume, tender evaluation and clearance of outstanding procurement items in Tenderboard.
- Other operational tasks as may be deemed necessary
- Diploma or Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting
- Self-motivated individual who proactively takes ownerships of projects and gets things done
- Reliable and a good team player
The internship will start from December 2020 until May 2021.
Interested applicants are invited to send their updated resume via firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.