The role of the Finance team is to ensure proper maintenance of accounting records, evaluating and managing financial risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, overseeing accounting operations, analysing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes and ensuring accuracy of financial information. The team also oversees and manages grant management.
The incumbent will be part of Finance Team. This role is accountable to the Director, People and Corporate Services or his/her designate in ensuring smooth running of the Finance function.
As an Accounts Executive, you are responsible to process and handle accounting transactions including receivables, payables, receipts and payments (via receipts, cheques, GIRO, letters of credit, petty cash, etc.) and fixed asset management. You are also required to support the procurement processes and provide secretariat support to Finance Committee (FC) Meeting.
Your primary duties include:
- Process and handle accounting transactions including receivables, payables, receipts and payments, bank reconciliation, reconciliation of vendors’ statement of account and creditors reconciliations
- Ensure all processes comply with finance policy and all internal controls are adhered to by ensuring all appropriate approvals are being obtained
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping system for all financial statements and company documents
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures
- Upload of financial data into accounting system
- Support month-end and year-end closing
- Perform monthly depreciation run and perform periodic fixed asset sighting exercise
- Prepare audit schedules
- Handle petty cash
- Provide support to internal parties in preparing Request for Quotation / Proposal, price negotiations, Purchase Orders (PO) and respond to queries from internal and external parties
- Provide secretariat support to Finance Committee.
- Assist in problem solving and recommend improvement on the process flows, controls etc
- Assist in any ad-hoc duties assigned
- Minimum Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Proficient in SAGE accounting system is preferred.
- Good knowledge of GST rules and regulations
- Able to perform accounting analysis and reporting to support decision-making purposes
- Set policies and Practices
- Meticulous, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with different types of colleagues and stakeholders
- Aptitude for problem solving and analysis
- Independent and has a positive work attitude
This is a 1 year contract position, renewable depending on performance of the selected candidate.
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume via Jobstreet or email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.