As part of the drive to steward the vision of a City of Good, the Company of Good initiative was established in 2016 to help companies do good better. Companies engage in Company of Good to understand their giving profile, build their knowledge, capability and network, and partner with other like-minded businesses to do good. The Company of Good network has grown to more than 2,000 corporate members since its inception.
With the upcoming new developments in the Company of Good, we are offering an exciting opportunity for a passionate, driven individual who has the right purpose and aptitude to create impact to serve community and societal needs at a national level. The candidate should share the belief that corporates can be a powerful source of support to build greater social resilience for Singapore.
This role will focus on driving and implementing national-level interventions to grow and strengthen the ecosystem for corporates to do good. The candidate should have a flair and appreciation of the roles, dynamics and interactions amongst different stakeholders in an ecosystem. He/she should also be well versed in acquiring and maintaining multi-lateral relationships with partners, and have excellent stakeholder management skills so as to align complex and potential competing interests, aspirations and actions in the sector. At the same time, he/she is a great team leader, manager and contributor who enjoys learning and growing.
We are looking for an experienced ecosystem development professional who is strong in programme design and development, as well as project and resource management and possesses desirable leadership qualities.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead and facilitate the design and development of Company of Good strategy and plans for the short, medium and long-term horizons. Conduct review, analysis and provide recommendation of gaps and corresponding interventions to drive and transform the ‘Corporate Doing Good’ landscape in Singapore.
- Develop and present proposals, as well as engage internal and external stakeholders for buy-in and support, leading to strategic partnerships and resource contributions.
- Oversee the design and development of various Company of Good programmes (such as Company of Good Fellowship, Champions of Good, Collaborate for Good, etc.) to ensure maximisation of desired outcomes and value creation.
- Drive the integration and synergy of work across the entire Company of Good covering Capability Development, Industry Development, Community Building and Business Strategy and Planning, and the various programmes for greater synergies, efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Design and set up structures and processes to enhance productivity and collaboration across the various work portfolios and for better tracking, reporting and decision-making.
- Set up and maintain a resource management framework for more timely tracking, evaluation and decision-making of resource utilisation and efficacy.
- Lead engagement with multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to those involved in other similar national set-ups to establish a coalition to co-create and agree with businesses in Singapore the understanding and aspirations for ‘Corporates Doing Good’ in Singapore. Serve as the Secretariat for the multi-lateral coalition to ensure that all interests are aligned and all relevant parties are engaged to advance the agenda and objectives of the coalition.
- Lead the development and overall project management to develop an accessible national framework and potentially a national trustmark that companies can use to guide themselves and benchmark to keep track of their efforts to do good and measure the impact on the business.
- Lead the development and overall project management of a potential national competency framework so that stakeholders in the ecosystem can reference and align in building capabilities and capacities in the corporates for doing good.
- Lead engagement and manage projects with various partners to establish national platforms and programmes to match work exchanges and opportunities between companies and students, NVPC staff and consultants to help businesses advance their ‘Corporate Doing Good’ agenda.
- Lead, coach and develop the team to deliver success and maximise value for stakeholders.
- Engage and develop a team of 15-20 staff to reach their highest potential and contribute their best to the collective work.
- Cultivate a team culture that is high-performing and appreciative of empathy, design-thinking, systems thinking, innovation and driving impact in its approaches.
- Deputise the Head of Company of Good in other specific areas of work.
- University degree
- Minimum 12-15 years of relevant experience, with a number in a management role
- Experience in industry and market development
- Experience in developing and/or implementing policies or interventions at the national level or equivalent
- Experience in design thinking, systems thinking, programme design and development and impact assessment.
- Experience in overseeing capability building, learning and development initiatives.
- Experience in overseeing and leading business-related programmes.
- Experience in setting up structures and processes for generating team efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Experience in strategic planning and reporting.
- Knowledge of the corporate sector and/or the not-for-profit sector
- Strategic planning capabilities
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship building skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and develop strong strategic partnerships
- Strong facilitation skills
- Market research and market development
- Analytical skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Positive attitude towards learning with an innovative mindset
- Hands-on and detailed
- Gregarious and team-oriented
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently with personal initiative and the desire to meet personal and team objectives
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume via email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.